A virtual office is no longer a new term now, especially after the pandemic. All thanks to the developing technology that has made communication much smoother and efficient for today’s virtual workplaces. Wi-Fi calling is one such advancement in the communication field that allows users to make calls to other people using Wi-Fi networks instead of a traditional phone network. It assists users in enjoying cost-effective and flawless communication.
Wi-Fi calls are a great option for employees working in low coverage areas or locations where carrier networks don’t work quite well.
What do you understand about Wi-Fi Calls?
In simple words, Wi-Fi calling is a feature available in mobile phones that allow users to make voice calls as well as text using their phone’s Wi-Fi connection. The feature is available in most smartphones like Android and iPhone. To use this feature, users just need to enable the Wi-Fi connection in their phone’s settings.
The main intent behind using Wi-Fi calls systems is that it prevents the chances of call drops in cases where there is a poor cellular network connection or frequent outages. It can be used as an efficient backup system for business communication.
Benefits of Wi-Fi calls for businesses
With the growing usage of mobile, Wi-Fi calls have also gained a lot of popularity. It helps to connect people efficiently anywhere and anytime without making huge investments. Below mentioned are some of the key benefits of utilizing Wi-Fi calls:
- The best alternative for low cellular connection: though cellular services are available nowadays, there are still few areas with limited or poor coverage, such as basement home offices, elevators, dead zones in offices, etc. Businesses working in such areas can utilize the benefits of Wi-Fi calls not to miss any communication opportunity with their clients, customers, partners, or employees. As more and more people have started to work remotely, Wi-Fi connections can be used easily while traveling in trains or public transit.
- Time-saving solution: When using a traditional calling system in areas with a poor cellular network, the chances of call drops increases greatly. This can hamper the image of a business as it may seem unprofessional. Besides, a lot of time gets wasted while using a poor network connection. Wi-Fi calls are the best solution to overcome such issues. The business calls won’t get dropped as long as the users have a strong, reliable connection. This way, businesses can utilize their time in making quality communication that can benefit their company.
- Easy to use: Unlike various other communication methods requiring users to download apps to get started, most devices already have a Wi-Fi calling system. Therefore, users need not download any application to get started with Wi-Fi calls. Also, they can save a lot of space on their device. Therefore, most users find Wi-Fi calls easy to use.
- Improved quality calls: Professionalism is an important requirement for businesses to create a positive image among their customers. A good communication system is one of the key ways that show how professional a business is. With the help of a robust Wi-Fi connection, businesses can easily improve their call quality and look more professional. Call quality also makes businesses more productive and focused as it prevents disturbances while communicating with the existing as well as potential customers.
- No add-on services required: To leverage the benefits of Wi-Fi calls, users need not invest in add-on services. Just enable the Wi-Fi calling option on your phone, and you are good to go.
- No need to purchase a new device: Most smartphones these days come with a Wi-Fi calls feature. The users don’t need to buy an additional device to use this system. Businesses can assure the majority of their employees have access to Wi-Fi calling, which further assures better coordination between the employees and management. Better coordination means better productivity and efficiency.
- An efficient way to make video calls: Another key benefit of Wi-Fi calls is that it allows businesses to host conference meetings via video calls. A good Wi-Fi connection assures crystal clear voice and video calling without any interruptions. Moreover, it is a cost-efficient option to make and manage business conference calls.
- Allow free incoming calls: The best thing about Wi-Fi calls is that it allows free incoming calls on a Wi-Fi network. Users need not pay extra money on using the Wi-Fi calls system for making or receiving calls. They need to pay a fixed amount for their wireless network connection to the service provider.
- Facilitate text messaging: Users can even send text messages over Wi-Fi free of cost. Businesses can use this feature to send messages to their customers, partners, clients, as well as team members.
Though the Wi-Fi calling system has numerous advantages for businesses, it is important to ensure that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection. A weak wireless connection may lead to poor communications, which can slow down the business processes. Therefore, you must have a strong Wi-Fi network coverage to achieve high-quality voice and video calls.