With the swiftly growing working from home trend, the most efficient way for businesses to stay connected is via calls. Many businesses these days are finding the call forwarding the best option to not miss out on any potential opportunities while working from the home office. So, how can businesses set up call forward options from their office phone system? Well, it is quite easy to set up the call forward option. Before looking at the process to set up the forwarding system, let’s know more about modern business phone systems and how businesses can leverage the benefits of using these systems when working from the home office.
Today most organizations are using advanced internet-based technology systems for all their communication needs. A VoIP phone system is one of the best examples of modern communication systems that allow businesses to get a phone number without purchasing a landline. Still, few companies are using the landline system for some reason. The reasons can be:
- They might have enterprise technologies that rely on landlines.
- They might favor the security and privacy of fixed lines
- They need to act in accordance with rules and regulations
Reasons to choose the forward call option
Whether an enterprise is using a landline or not, most businesses require setting up call forwarding options in various scenarios like:
- Staff working remotely: Many offices these days allow most of their staff to work remotely. Certain offices have staff, including agents and salespeople who need to travel frequently. Some have employees who frequently travel to multiple offices or need to telecommute either partially or fully. Especially after the pandemic, many businesses are forced to let their employees work from home. In this scenario, enterprises are required to set up a forward call option to manage and handle business calls while working from home easily.
- When engaged in sales, support, or customer support service: In customer service, support, and sales, where employees need to provide quick and reliable solutions to customer’s queries, forwarding calls should be a handy option. A customer may need to talk to a particular department or have some query that can be handled easily by a customer not present in the office. In such a case, forwarding calls seems a perfect option. After all, sending customer queries to voicemails is not as effective as connecting them directly to the concerned agent or department by forwarding their calls.
- When using multiple devices: Unlike traditional office systems where employees were using desktop and a desk phone to answer customer’s queries, today’s employees are using a desktop, laptop, business phone, and a personal mobile device to connect with their customers anywhere and anytime. Utilizing multiple devices allows employees to answer any business call easily and quickly using the closed available device that is convenient. Employees can even forward the call from one particular device to another to connect the call with other employees.
These are some of the reasons why businesses need to choose the call forward option. When it comes to setting up the forward calls option, there are several ways to do so. Based on the below-mentioned factors, businesses can go for the best suitable way to forward business calls from their office phone system:
- Size of the business
- Type of communication system
- Cost of setting up forwarding calls system
- Number of features required
Ways to set up forward calls
Here are some of the key ways businesses can choose to forward calls:
- From landline to a mobile phone: Businesses can easily set up and enable forward calls to a particular number fed in the system using star code like *92 or *72. The benefit of setting up the call forward method from a landline to mobile using star code is that it is simple, fast, and free. Moreover, it is an automating forwarding calls option, thus needs very little attention.
- Forwarding calls using apps: Nowadays, various applications are available in the market, allowing businesses to forward calls from their office phone to other devices. These kinds of apps are quite easy to use and come with various features. Users can either forward all the calls or selected ones to any device or number as per their specific requirements.
- Business call forwarding services: Businesses, especially small and medium-sized businesses, mostly prefer forward calls apps or services to manage their calling system. These services provide assorted features and packs to meet the specific requirements of businesses. Users can have complete control over the feature when, how, and who can use it.
- VoIP forward call option: These days, many enterprises are using VoIP phone systems as it comes with various advanced features (including forward call feature) and functionalities compared to landline options. Users can even get customized solutions for their specific requirements such as call and text forwarding, ACD queues (ideal for technical support, customer service, and sales teams), multi-device ring, etc.
No matter what option you choose based on your key business requirements, a call forwarding system can help to deliver superior customer service. It allows businesses to utilize every opportunity that comes their way and make the best use of it. If you haven’t explored the options to set up a forward call option, it’s perhaps the right time to do so.