As more and more businesses adopt the remote working approach, cloud communications platforms have gained a lot of attention. Cloud communication eliminates the need to sit at the workplace for performing various tasks. It makes all the essential tools and applications required by the staff at one common platform, regardless of location and device that employees are using. With the help of good cloud communication providers, organizations can empower their employees with advanced tools by allowing them quick access to:
- Instant messaging
- Call analytics tools
- File sharing
- Video conferencing, etc.
What do you understand about cloud communications?
Cloud communications is an internet-based communication method that facilitates voice, video and data communications. Unlike traditional PSTN, it makes use of internet connections. Besides, everything works on cloud-hosted technology under the cloud communications strategy, each conversation that users have, messages that they send, and video conferences that they host.
The service is provided by cloud service providers and is usually hosted and managed via a cloud by a third party. The hosting environment provided by the cloud is easy to access, flexible, secure, instant, and scalable. Besides, customers can pay just for the services that they use. Various tools and services available under cloud communications include:
- Private branch exchange
- Call center
- Text messaging
- SIP Trunking
- Voice broadcast
- Fax services
- Call tracking software
- Contact center telephony
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
All these services are designed to serve assorted communication requirements of enterprises. Thus, enterprises can choose any of the above-mentioned application and communication products as per their requirements. They just need to pay the fees for these services, and the rest will be taken care of by the service provider.
Benefits of opting for cloud communications
Today, cloud communications play the most important role in meeting all the essential communication requirements of enterprises. For enterprises, cloud communications have emerged as a center for all communications, managed, hosted, and maintained by third-party service providers. Some of the key benefits of opting for this communication method include:
- Highly Scalable: Cloud communications offer better and easy scalability of solutions as per the business requirements. Enterprises can easily add or remove their staff members as per their needs with the help of unified communication as a service (UCaaS). This kind of scalability helps organizations to save a lot of their time in onboarding a new employee. This also eliminates the need to spend huge amounts on hardware and other expensive installments and stacks of servers to support the employees.
- Cost-effectiveness: Another key benefit of adopting cloud communications is that enterprises can get these services at very reasonable rates. For small and medium-scale businesses, extensive hardware can cost a huge amount. By eliminating these costs with a subscription-based service from a cloud service provider, these businesses can greatly minimize their upfront expenses. One more important thing about cloud communications services is that in case of equipment failure on the premises, users are not required to spend a huge amount on new hardware. As the hardware is usually located at the service provider’s data centers, it becomes their responsibility to maintain and update it as per the service requirements.
- Better IT support: Many cloud communications platforms provide IT support to their customers. This allows companies to save huge amounts on staffing, support, maintenance, software and hardware updates, etc. They assign a dedicated team of IT professionals who provide complete support and service for IT needs. Thus, businesses can keep a small in-house IT staff to take care of other important tasks.
- Easy access to advanced tools and solutions: Things get changed quickly in today’s highly competitive business era. A third-party service provider keeps their customers up-to-date with the latest tools and solutions and provides automatic updates to both software and hardware for the efficient and smooth working of business operations as per ongoing trends in the market. This way, businesses need not assign a dedicated team of professionals to spend their time to find and follow the latest trends and best practices. The service provider can perform all the key updates without interrupting the workflow of an organization.
- Flexibility: Along with scalability, cloud communication services also offer complete flexibility to the users. Users can easily integrate service provider’s tools with their APIs (Application Programming Interfaces). This allows employees to use the existing features offered by the cloud service provider in combination with other programs they may use to streamline the whole communication process. Another important flexibility that organizations can offer to their employees with cloud services is the flexibility of working from anywhere. The remote workforce can easily access anything that they require while working remotely. With just a good internet connection, employees can access various web-based features that they can use to accomplish their tasks. Also, with the help of cloud communications services, employees can make calls displaying their business numbers and connect them to other employees via their extensions. Besides all these flexibility benefits, the cloud service also allows employees to use Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) policy with the intent to keep data safe and secure.
Now that we know how cloud communications have transformed the way businesses used to work, it is the right time to switch to cloud services (if still using the traditional communication methods). Opting for the best services from renowned cloud communication providers will help in streamlining the communication flow and help organizations deliver the best possible customer experience. At the same time, businesses can achieve better productivity and efficiency.