In today’s hectic work life, anything that can help reduce the workload seems to bring a lot of peace of mind. In the field of VoIP, the VoIP softphone plays an important role in reducing the workload. It comes with numerous features and functionalities that make the workflow much easier and flawless. A softphone usually comprises numerous built-in features, Google-chrome ad-on, and different CRM integrations. By performing various simple timesaving tasks, a softphone allows users to focus on other important things.
What is a VoIP Softphone?
A VoIP softphone is a software application usually provided by the VoIP service provider. It is installed on an internet-connected device to make phone calls. A softphone has a user-friendly interface that performs similar to a regular phone system. The interface lets users access the dialing function as well as all the other features that are usually available with their VoIP solution.
Feature of a Softphone
When we talk about features, a softphone comes with an array of options. It comprises an easy-to-use interface along with assorted built-in caller settings. The best thing about a softphone is that the users can customize it as per their specific business requirements. Some of the key features of softphone that can be very useful for businesses include:
- 3-way calling
- Voicemail Transfers
- Caller ID
- Call waiting
- Call forwarding
- Caller and calling line information
- Call log
- Call hold/resume
- One-click calling
- Mute/volume controls
Benefits of Softphone for Businesses
A VoIP Softphone can help businesses to reduce a lot of workload by performing particular tasks automatically. It can benefit users in several ways such as:
- Get incoming caller’s information: When an agent takes an incoming call (sales or support call), he may require asking for certain information about the caller like name, account ID number, etc. The information is required to know the caller’s identity and determine which CRM software record to access. However, this is not the case with a softphone. A softphone can easily handle all these tasks. With the help of a softphone, agents can easily see the necessary details about the caller on their screen even before answering the phone. This further allows agents to save a lot of their time which they can utilize in other important tasks to enhance their productivity and efficiency.
- Easily listen to work voicemail: Softphone makes it much easier for the users to listen to their work voicemails with user-friendly review buttons. Softphone eliminates the need to dial into the voicemail manager and then navigate menu prompts. It directly presents the voicemails on the user’s dashboard screen or home screen. New voicemails are marked with a particular colored dot so that the user can immediately recognize and see the message. It is quite simple to listen to a work voicemail via a softphone. The user just needs to click on the play button to listen to the message. Users also have the option to delete or download the messages. This makes reviewing work messages much easier than ever.
- Connect with coworkers without any hassle: Earlier, it was quite difficult for the employees to connect with their coworkers. However, with the help of a VoIP softphone, employees no longer have to remember another person’s extension or any kind of code. They need the other person’s extension and the right star code(s) to start the call transfer. They can easily initiate a call by performing drag and drop call transfers using their computer or laptop. In simple words, the user just needs to click on the call transfer button, drag it over to the coworker in his contact list with whom he/she wants to connect and release the button. That’s it! As soon as the user confirms the call transfer in the pop-up window, a call will instantly be sent to that particular person.
- Get queue alerts: A softphone also helps users to keep track of their queues. The users, especially the queue supervisors, can easily see the queue status on their dashboard screen in the app interface. They can monitor their agents, barge in on calls (as and when required), and review queue reports. Supervisors can get queue alerts on their email through the queue dashboard whenever a specified queue limit is met. This eliminates the need to check the dashboard multiple times constantly. The user can utilize this time on other important tasks and take immediate action whenever he/she receives a queue alert.
- Add custom contacts for one-click calling: A softphone allows users to pile up all of their contacts together in one list. The list may include different categories like coworkers, family members, friends, or other professional contact numbers used frequently. The contact numbers are automatically arranged alphabetically when adding the custom contact lists into the SIP Softphone contact list. These help users to call any of the contacts from the prearranged list with just a single click.
On a final note, a VoIP softphone is undoubtedly a fantastic addition to any VoIP solution. It brings a lot of features, benefits, and functionalities, allowing users to reduce their workload to a great extent. The softphone can automatically complete many tasks that may seem smaller but, when done automatically, can help to make the entire workflow smoother and efficient.