In recent years, the importance of flexible and easy to access communication has increased enormously. To stay in the competition and perform better, businesses need to keep up with the swiftly growing trends. They need to implement technology-driven solutions to flourish in today’s fast-paced and highly demanding business environment. So, what’s the best way to make communication easily accessible and more flexible? Well, Unified Communications (UC) might be the perfect solution to achieve so.
UC or Unified Communication is a popular and swiftly growing set of technologies that automates and unifies human and device communications in a mutual context and experience. It allows the integration of various enterprise communication services like:
- Instant messaging
- Presence information
- Mobility features
- Audio/video/web conferencing
- Desktop sharing
- Data sharing
- Fixed-Mobile Convergence (FMC)
- Call control
- Speech recognition, etc.
UC is not essentially a single product, but a set of products that provides a consistent unified User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) across multiple devices and media types.
Benefits of Unified Communications
Swiftly evolving technology is changing the business landscape. At present, there are numerous tools and applications available for communication purposes. It may become quite complex and costly for businesses to gather all these tools and apps to meet the assorted communication requirements of their customers and businesses. However, with the help of a UC solution, businesses can easily bring together all the communication ways, allowing them to work together in one unified communication phone system. This way it helps businesses to work more efficiently. Let’s look at some of the key benefits of UC for businesses.
- Delivers real-time flawless communications: A unified system equips employees with various communication tools and applications all at once on a single contract with a provider. It means they get everything they need in one place. These applications are designed to make communications among team members easier and flawless, no matter where they are located. Besides, a UC system allows businesses to centralize all the information related to every team member so that it can be accessed easily anytime whenever required. This way, businesses can enjoy a smooth flow of information.
- Allow flexibility of communication: A UC system also eliminates the key concern of businesses which is flexibility. With the help of a UC system, the team members can work anytime and anywhere. They can easily make calls, send messages, or organize video conferences while working at home or traveling, just like they do in the office. UC systems allow businesses to enable their employees to connect with each other by connecting their mobile phones to the office phone system. This way, distance is no longer a constraint in the communication process. Additionally, it allows team members to create a better work/life balance.
- Facilitate improved collaborations: The key features offered by a UC system like instant messaging and voice/video conferencing allow team members to collaborate effectively, irrespective of their location. They can connect easily to discuss important projects, tasks, and other important things. Based on their discussion, they can make informed decisions. The UC system forms a virtual, easy-to-access meeting room that offers real-time collaboration.
- Improved reliability while eliminating downtime: Another great benefit of a UC system is that it facilitates performance backup that safeguards the data during downtime. It means that if one tool or app stops working or goes down, another tool is programmed to work as a backup. This helps businesses to keep running even during unexpected events.
- Better productivity: The benefits of UC are not just limited to businesses. It is also beneficial for customers if the migration is done successfully. Businesses can deliver superior customer service with the help of a UC system. It allows customers to reach out to a company with their concerns conveniently via their choice of communication channel and get their issues resolved quickly. The customer service team can respond to customers’ queries even when they are away from their desks or working remotely. In case, customers’ calls are not answered, the UC system redirects the call to the next available agent. Better customer service means more customers, more business, and ultimately better productivity.
- Reduced operating expenses: The key reason why more and more businesses are switching to cloud-based systems is that it allows them to save a lot on operational expenses. Yes, with the help of a UC system, employees can easily connect their mobile phones to the company’s cloud-based phone system. Once connected, they can make and receive calls via VoIP. This helps in eliminating the need to pay expensive network providers’ costs. It further prevents the need to install costly hardware, maintenance, management, and other relevant costs.
- Easy scalability: A UC system makes it easier for businesses to expand and scale up. As UC works on a cloud-based system, it allows users to connect with their employees and clients anywhere. It also makes expansion easier because users can reach out to anyone throughout the world, wherever there are better business opportunities.
To sum up, Unified communication is an excellent system that brings various communications ways together to allow employees to connect with each other, work collaboratively, and enhance productivity while ensuring great customer service. To leverage the full benefits of the UC system, it is vital to choose your UC system provider carefully. Choose a provider with a better vision, excellent implementation support, and who is experienced enough to meet all your needs.