Customer experience plays an important role in the success or failure of a business. For most businesses, their customer support team represents their face. They are the one that directly deals with the customers and based on their support and customer handling they create a positive or negative image of the businesses in the mind of their customers or clients. The most important conversations like dealing with an important customer, closing a deal or resolving a critical support ticket, happen on phone calls. Therefore, businesses must track and record all these important conversations to analyze and pull useful insights from them.
Tips to enhance customer journey using voice communication insights
Businesses must implement all the essential tools that allow their customer support team to create a feedback loop for important conversations. The support team usually takes quick notes after a sales or support call. Though it is a worthy effort for support teams to take down important notes to build customer profiles in their CRM or helpdesk app, there are other important things as well such as the intent of the customer or the tone used during conversations that must be used to draw deeper insights from the conversations. These insights can be used to create a better customer experience.
Now the question is how to track and analyze voice communications to deliver better customer experiences across the customer journey. Well, let’s look at some of the best ways to provide a better customer experience using voice communication insights:
Use an advanced cloud-based communication platform
Just relying on the tools in your sales stack to gather and access the data is not enough. This is because these tools don’t facilitate users to keep track of customer intent generated via voice conversations. It may result in incomplete access to the customer support team, marketing team, or other revenue-influencing teams. A cloud communication platform can help to resolve the issue in the following ways:
- Offering detailed call analytics: By using advanced cloud-based voice communication systems, businesses can easily track the voice-related data of their customers. They can collect all the data including the number of calls received by sales representatives across different buying stages. This data can be used to find key phrases or lines that indicate sales intent, and more.
- A unified tech stack: With the help of RESTful (REST) APIs, cloud communication platforms can be aligned easily with an organization’s tech stack, no matter how the stack is formed. This will allow the customer-facing tech stack to directly access all the key call insights (served into a central repository) from the cloud communication solution to draw better context. The customer support team can use this data along with the data generated from CRM, helpdesk, and other apps to create a more personalized communication.
Use customer insights to engage with customers and improve customer experience
Collecting insights is undoubtedly the best way to know a customer better. It is equally important to use this data to contextually engage with customers. Instead of adding another data layer in the central data hub, also known as Customer Data Platform (CDP) where other apps are already generating useful data, businesses must focus on building a cloud communication platform that offers:
- A single customer view: In today’s time where remote working is in trend, a distributed workforce needs software that can be accessed from anywhere. Here comes the role of a cloud communication platform. A cloud communication solution is perhaps the best way to create a single source of information that delivers a comprehensive customer view.
- Automation of customer experience: Automation also plays a key role in enhancing customer experience. Tools like IVR, also known as Interactive Voice Response system can be used to automate customer experience. It helps to provide all the basic information or answer commonly asked questions or queries of the customers without any interference from the customer care agents. For instance, it can fetch details like account balance, expected delivery date of an e-commerce order from an enterprise tool, etc. By reducing the human touchpoint, IVR and other automation tools help in reducing a lot of burden from the agents. Thereby allowing agents to focus on resolving or attending to other complex issues. By focusing on complex support cases, agents can greatly augment customer experiences on the whole.
Form a more efficient workforce
With the advancement in technology, several businesses these days are using conversational AI and other technologies to create a better customer engagement. However, producing voice communications insights from phone call-based conversations still plays an important role to create better customer experience. Therefore, businesses must focus on creating better and efficient teams.
Using a traditional phone system in the remote working environment doesn’t support a tech stack. Though there are chances that a telephony solution tracks and provides mockup call recordings, it may fail to allow the remote team to choose the recordings of their choice. Besides, with a traditional phone system, reporting also becomes a manual job. It means that the managers or other assigned authorities have to track all the key insights manually and generate takeaways to present them to the management team. This is certainly the biggest obstacle in improving customer experience levels and service delivery. To deal with this issue, it is vital to:
- Optimize engagement: Cloud communication platforms allow businesses to optimize engagement by becoming more data-driven. Businesses must deploy a cloud call/contact center solution that allows to track key patterns of agent-customer interactions such as the number of calls, calls duration, average response time, speed of response, etc.
- Filtering the conversations: Cloud communication platforms also allow filtering the voice communications, thereby allowing teams to better understand influential patterns made from such conversations and translate them into best practices for delivering an improved customer experience. The platform allows supervisors or managers to share ready-to-use reports. This way, the management can easily recognize the key areas of improvement and accordingly implement ways or training sessions to improve team performance.
To conclude, businesses must keep in mind all the above-mentioned tips to create a better customer experience using voice communication insights.