Communication is a critical element to the success of any organization today. Enterprise communications is all about using an organization’s tools and practices to collaborate effectively and transmit information internally and externally. Starting from phone, SMS, email, instant messaging to video meetings, all come under enterprise communication. Companies need to form an effective communication strategy to stay ahead in today’s highly competitive business world.
Key elements of an effective communication strategy
Though the elements of an effective communication strategy may vary based on the specific type of project, however most common elements of successful strategies include:
- Target audience
- Specific and measurable goals
- The right team
Target audience: In order to reach your audience, it is vital to know who your target audiences are. Based on your target audience, you must customize your messages for that particular audience. The know-how of the target audience is necessary to craft an effective communication strategy. Basic research about the target audiences can help greatly in knowing what motivates them more and accordingly, you can frame your communication strategy.
Specific and measurable goals: Setting up specific and measurable goals is essential to determine the success of your communication strategy. Whether you want to spread awareness of your brand or mission, encourage people to take action, or anything else, just be clear about your specific goals. Without setting the goals you can’t measure the success of your strategy. Setting goals and a few measures will help you in knowing you are heading in the right direction.
The right team: After understanding your target audiences and setting up the goals for your campaign, you need a strong team that can efficiently execute the communication strategy. It is important to choose the right team that can easily adapt to changes and reach pre-defined goals. Based on the key traits like reliability, enthusiasm, willingness to try out new ideas, ability to work in groups, and other traits, you’ll be able to create a strong team.
The shift of enterprise communications to the cloud
Earlier, most organizations were using the on-premises business phone system, making the remote work model impossible. However, with the advancement in technology, many organizations started planning to shift their communication system to the cloud. The pandemic situation accelerated their plans to move enterprise communications to the cloud.
Communication is something that companies can’t afford to compromise on or get left behind. This is the reason; several companies have started adopting Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) solutions. UCaaS is an advanced system that streamlines various communication tools into a single interface. Besides, UCaaS can be incorporated easily with different types of enterprise apps such as CRM, contact centers, mobile presence, and others for smooth functioning of an organization and better management of customer issues. As far as costs are concerned, cloud communications are hosted by a third party. Thus, it involves fewer maintenance costs and benefits from frequent updates. In all, there are several benefits of Unified Communications for enterprises.
Benefits of Unified Communications for enterprises
Here are some of the key benefits that enterprises can leverage by making a shift to Unified Communication solutions. Have a look:
- Effective collaboration: UC solutions can make collaboration much more effective for enterprises. Since the trend of remote working and hybrid workplaces is growing, many organizations are making a shift towards unified communications platforms. These platforms allow organizations to strengthen the bonds of communication between their employees and others associated with the business. With various communication means such as screen sharing, video meetings, instant chats, and others, companies can create an environment of effective collaboration between teams and departments. This way, streamlined communication and collaboration eliminate the chances of any errors or difficulty in delivering a particular project on time.
- Support hybrid working environment: As most organizations are forced to work remotely (after the pandemic), the need for a hybrid work system has grown tremendously. Traditional communication systems are not designed to support work from home options. This is where the role of unified communications solution came into the picture. These solutions come with built-in remote work functionality, allowing firms to offer hybrid in-office and remote working options to their employees. With a unified communications solution, users can make phone calls, attend meetings, chat, and share files from anywhere, using any device such as a computer or mobile device. This leads to better connectivity and improved productivity.
- Security of data: Communication tools are highly vulnerable to cyberattacks and no phone system is completely secured. However, Unified Communications solutions are designed to eliminate corporate data leaks and breaches to a great extent. Nowadays, many UCaaS providers use call encryption and other security compliances to assure data security, client privacy and even help in lowering the company’s insurance premiums.
- Better customer experiences: Unified Communications solution facilitates personalized and better customer experiences. Today’s customers expect a quick and positive response from the company’s customer care team. Since unified communication tools can be integrated with a CRM and other essential tools, agents can easily access the vital information related to the customers. They can prepare themselves in advance for any inbound calls and face-to-face meetings. This allows them to provide a more personalized and better customer experience.
- Deep insights into business performance: Since the entire enterprise’s communications are managed via a single platform, it makes tracking call data much easier for the organizations. Companies can easily get call analytics and data from other sources such as CRMs or helpdesk tickets to determine their contact center’s performance. They can see the insights in real-time and based on those insights, companies can plan ahead to drive better results.
To conclude, effective communication is the need of the hour for the success of any company. Unified Communication solutions provide the best platform for the enterprises for smooth functioning of their business operations, effective collaboration, and delivering better customer experiences. It would be correct to say that enterprise communications can be managed perfectly with the help of UC solutions.