VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, has become a well-known thing in the past few years. Today, a large number of people throughout the world are using VoIP services such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, etc. It has also greatly transformed the way businesses used to communicate with their employees and customers. By eliminating the need to use a typical telephone line, VoIP allows businesses to make calls with an internet connection. Besides, it is not necessary to use a phone to make a phone call with VoIP, it works via various other devices also like computers. In this blog, we will discuss the top VoIP trends in 2022 that will rule the VoIP market and are going to bring more changes in the business world.
Most of the businesses these days are using VoIP tools, especially the call centers and those who are indulged in making regular calls like in their sales and customer support teams. As the digitalization of communication is growing day by day, the VoIP industry is expected to grow around USD 55 billion by 2025.
Top VoIP trends to look at in 2022
Here are some of the key VoIP trends for 2022, have a look:
- Adoption of VoIP technology by small businesses: Since its inception, VoIP technology has made business phone services highly accessible for small and large enterprises alike. The technology has emerged to be more appealing for small businesses due to its accessibility via the cloud, lower costs, and better sound quality. It would be correct to say that VoIP is an excellent choice for small businesses that are engaged in making calls on a regular basis all over the world. It also allows them to keep all their important data seamlessly connected via CRM contact records. In 2022 and coming years, more and more small businesses are expected to adopt VoIP technology.
- AI will get more powerful: Being a VoIP trend for 2022, AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology will continue to become more powerful. It allows VoIP service providers to automatically classify and assign incoming messages based on their urgency to the most competent and skilled agent. You will be amazed to know that about 95% of customer service interactions will be impacted by AI technology by 2025. The interactions between customers and the organization with the help of smarter digital voice assistants powered by AI will revolutionize the industry. It allows real-time sentiment analysis to inform agents whether a customer is happy, irritated, or confused before they even start the conversation with them. The amalgamation of VoIP and AI technology allows businesses to set up advanced call routing or use auto attendants to manage incoming calls easily and effectively. Besides, it helps to enhance intelligent or skills-based call routing VoIP capabilities. These services help in accelerating the whole communication process while optimizing call handling.
- UCaaS will gain more popularity: In the year 2022, we will get to see a further alliance of communication technologies into single Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platforms. These platforms have core VoIP technology but offer several other features other than just voice calling capabilities. Some of these features include instant messaging, voice/video conferencing, team collaboration, faxing, services, etc. UCaaS allows users to centralize virtually all online communication within one platform. This way, it allows companies to invest in a single product that comprises all the features instead of investing separately in the instant messaging application, video conferencing tools, and other applications. Another key benefit of UCaaS is that it is a cloud-based platform which means users can access these platforms easily from anywhere with an excellent internet connection.
- 5G technology for mobile: In the past few years, almost all the businesses have become mobile and it is expected that businesses coming mobile will keep on growing in 2022 and beyond. The market is anticipated to reach $800 billion for mobile devices alone by 2032. This trend is mainly driven by the swift growth in sales of 5G capable mobile devices. 5G networks are expected to benefit both VoIP service providers and their customers. It will help to overcome some of the key concerns of the VoIP industry like call latency and quality of service. It is assumed that with 5G networks, VoIP services will take less than 1 millisecond to connect to the network. Moreover, these will improve the Quality of Service (QoS) for VoIP in different areas like lower latency, more bandwidth for sensor devices, full network availability, better throughput, and more.
- Integrated in-app communication capabilities: The accessibility of VoIP and video calling capabilities along with other in-app communications will also gain a lot of popularity in 2022. The integration will eliminate the need to shuffle between different applications each time a user wants to send a message, host an online meeting, or make a voice call. The integrated in-app communications platform allows users to enjoy all the key functionalities within one platform. That’s the reason, we will get to see more companies implementing fully integrated in-app capabilities like video conferencing, voice calls, and more into their UCaaS systems.
- Increased use of mobile applications: Several businesses are already using mobile applications for both Android and iOS platforms along with desktop/softphone applications. This makes users easier to connect with any business from anywhere at any time. In 2022, more and more businesses will go mobile. With the introduction of advanced tools and mobile applications, businesses can easily reach more customers and gain better insights into how employees are interacting with their clients and potential customers through mobile devices.
- Increased VoIP support for IoT: In 2022 and beyond, we can expect to see increased VoIP support of IoT. When used together, both VoIP and IoT can transform the way businesses operate. IoT interconnects all internet-enabled devices to streamline the exchange of data. On the other hand, VoIP plays an important role in capturing data and transmission levels of IoT. Using these technologies, companies can set smart workplaces where employees can easily access all the key information they require whenever and wherever they are.
So, these are some of the key VoIP trends in 2022. To reap the maximum benefits of VoIP technology, you must be aware of all the recent trends in the VoIP market.