Businesses of all sizes and types, including small, medium, and large enterprises are using Voice phone service that provides different options and packages. This advanced phone system is widely popular among businesses due to the numerous benefits it provides, like
- Improved voice quality
- On-demand scalability
- Secure and uninterrupted transmission
- Various add-on features, and more
Also, a VoIP phone system is quite easy to set up and entails only a few resources, such as a good internet connection and IP phones.
How are VoIP phone systems different from traditional phone systems?
Unlike traditional phone systems that connect calls by using circuit switching methods, VoIP phone systems use packet switching. These systems convert the voice signals into various small digital signal packets and transmit them across any VoIP-compatible network. As compared to traditional phone systems, VoIP phones are much faster, more efficient, secure, and provide outstanding uptime.
How does VoIP improve connectivity for small businesses?
VoIP can enhance connectivity for small businesses. No matter what device or communication method a business is using whether computers, smartphones, email, text messaging, or faxing, VoIP can connect them all. This way, businesses need not worry about software, devices, or location. They can connect from anywhere and anytime using any device. With features like group audio calls, video conferencing, and virtual meetings, businesses can be assured of better and uninterrupted connectivity.
Key VoIP phone service features for small businesses
Here are some of the key VoIP phone service features that can completely transform a small business. Have a look:
- Automated attendant: Auto attendants are one of the most important and most recognizable features of VoIP business phone systems. It allows small businesses to have a professional front end for their phones like the ones large enterprises have. Without the need for a receptionist, the auto attendant feature can transfer the incoming calls to the correct extensions. This way, auto attendants help small businesses in allowing their customers to reach directly to the correct agent or department, without any interference of a third person. This further helps in improving the overall customer experience.
- Caller ID: One of the most important calling tools for small businesses, the Caller ID service feature allows businesses to know in advance about the person who is contacting them. This feature allows agents to prepare mentally and adopt the most appropriate tone to engage the caller in the best way. They can even check relevant information, history, or documents to carry on the conversation ahead without making the caller wait for long. Caller ID even allows businesses to prevent robocalls or spam calls, thereby saving a lot of their valuable time.
- Conference Calling: VoIP phone systems allow small businesses to create virtual meeting rooms for their customers as well as project teams. It facilitates various features that let businesses conduct audio or video web conferencing. In today’s remote working trend, this feature is proving to be the best tool to stay connected, irrespective of location. Users can easily enable video chat while making a conversation. They can even add or remove members to the group call as per their requirements.
- Music on hold: The music on hold feature can make an incredible amount of difference for callers. The feature plays an important role in how a customer perceives a business. Using this feature, users can create customized messages for callers. They can even make changes in the messages based on the latest trends, current sales, products/services, target audiences, etc. This way, using good-quality tunes or professional audio clips for callers can make a great difference between a happy and unhappy customer.
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response): IVR or Interactive Voice Response feature is a widely in-demand feature that helps businesses in professionally managing all their inbound calls by directing the callers to the most appropriate agent or department. They can free up their agents to answer and handle other complex queries as the IVR system can automatically answer the commonly asked questions or queries of the customers.
- Voicemail: Small businesses can use the voicemail feature to create individual and group voicemail inboxes for teams. They can get voicemails delivered straight to the specific inbox with the transcribed message in text format. This way, no important call or contact will get missed. The next available agent can contact the contact without any delay.
- Easy integrations: VoIP is not just about online phone service. Many VoIP service providers provide integrations like CRM (Customer Relationship Management) integration and others to let users make use of various important data, collaborate effectively across departments, and better serve their customers. With these integrations, small businesses can easily analyze customer interactions and feedback to improve customer experience and enhance revenue. In all, these sorts of integrations allow smaller organizations to benefit from more centralized business operations.
- Call flipping or pulling: Call flipping or pulling, also known as call pushing, is another exciting and vital feature of VoIP phone systems that allows users to immediately move an in-progress call to a different device. For instance, if an agent is speaking with a customer using the desktop, he/she can quickly transfer the call over the mobile phone as per the requirement. When a person is in the middle of an important call but needs to relocate quickly, then this feature allows enough flexibility to flip the call to another device without the need to reschedule the call.
- Call monitoring: The call monitoring feature lets small businesses’ management systems to listen in on important phone conversations. This helps in ensuring that the agents are following all the rules and protocols and doing their best to provide a satisfactory response to the customer’s queries or requirements.
- Call analytics: Call analytics is another most important VoIP phone feature that allows small businesses to analyze all the vital data for making better decisions. It uses AI technology to track calls and pull important data. These insights can be used by the sales and marketing teams to make informed decisions to deliver better outcomes.