Productivity is the key concern of many small businesses. With a small team, they need to get more work done. It is important to maintain employees’ productivity without making them exhausted. The most effective and best way to do so is by implementing the right communication and collaboration tools. One of the best communication and collaboration tools available for today’s businesses is the VoIP cloud phone also known as cloud phone or cloud telephony. The cloud telephony system makes it easier to get work done while improving the overall efficiency of employees.
What is a cloud telephony system and how does it improve productivity?
A cloud telephony system is a unified communication service that offers voice communication via a third-party host. These telephony services allow users to place or receive calls directly from their personal devices including laptops, computers, and mobile devices that must have a good internet connection. The ability to place or receive a call from any device is replacing the need for traditional enterprise telephone systems such as handsets and PBX boxes. Small and medium businesses can greatly benefit from using cloud telephony systems as it empowers them to compete with bigger enterprises.
A cloud telephony system can greatly enhance employee productivity by offering:
- Individual and group chat
- File sharing
- Call recording
- Audio conferencing
- Web sharing and
- A personal dashboard
- Custom greetings, and more.
Reasons why small and medium businesses must move to the cloud?
Cloud telephony has numerous capabilities that fit the exact requirements of SMBs, such as:
- Easy set-up without any technical help
- No maintenance
- Easy scalability
- Better mobility
Factors that make cloud telephony attractive
Some of the key factors that make cloud telephony attractive especially to small businesses include:
- Scalability: One of the key challenges that a large number of small businesses face when purchasing new technologies is scalability. They look for a system that can be scaled easily along with their requirements. Previously, businesses were using hard phones for communication purposes. However, once they try to open up in different locations, they find scaling quite difficult as their phone system couldn’t keep pace with their growth. In such a situation, cloud telephony brings great relief. With a cloud phone system, businesses can easily add a new extension or agent licenses as per their unique requirements. It doesn’t require any infrastructural changes, thereby businesses can eliminate any substantial costs that would also be time-consuming also.
- Easy integration with business tools: Using different tools can have a negative effect on customer support as well as sales processes. A traditional phone system causes hindrance in the process. The agent or the representative cannot connect their calls to prospects. Also, the agents may find it difficult to keep a track of customers’ queries. All this can badly affect the productivity as well as the morale of employees. With the help of cloud telephony, businesses can easily integrate their phone system with CRM or help desk systems. The integration allows the representative to switch easily between multiple tools. Besides, all the important data can be kept securely in one place. This streamlined workflow can be really beneficial for small businesses.
- Improved analytics and reporting: In today’s business world, data is everything. When data is accessible easily, it allows businesses to make informed decisions. Analytics can be used to improve customer experience. Traditional phone systems lack analytics, there is no way to determine the performance of team members or measure customer satisfaction. A small business phone system allows businesses to collect and use data effectively using features like call recording. They can also go through their previous actions and analyze what they are doing right and where they are lacking. Having valuable analytics in hand allows small businesses to efficiently measure their performance and deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Improved mobility: Today’s customers expect a quick reply to their queries. Missing customers’ calls can prove to be a huge loss for small businesses. Businesses that are still using traditional phone systems have greater chances of missing customers’ calls when their agents are not present on their desks. With the help of cloud telephony businesses can easily provide personalized and prompt customer service. Agents can respond quickly to customers no matter where they are working from. They just require a good internet connection. The ability to respond to customers from anywhere allows greater flexibility to small business owners. They can always connect with their valuable customers even if they are out of the office. In addition, the flexibility to respond to customers’ queries opens up the doors for remote working and telecommuting. Businesses can keep their employees more productive and motivated while they work remotely.
- Cost savings: Businesses, especially small and medium businesses always look for ways that can help them to save more without affecting the productivity of their employees. And there is no other better way than using a VoIP cloud phone system. With traditional phone systems, businesses have to incur various costs like hard phones, telephone cables, servers, and technicians cost, maintenance costs, and more. By switching to cloud telephony, businesses can eliminate all these expenses and carry out their communication process in an effective and economic manner. This is due to the reason that a cloud phone system offers affordable call rates. Besides, it allows businesses to buy local numbers in other countries while enjoying local rates for making international calls.
To conclude, a VoIP cloud phone system provides an excellent opportunity for small businesses to excel in their field without spending a huge amount on communication and collaboration tools. It allows them to compete with bigger enterprises and provide a superior customer experience.