Modern businesses are largely focused on improving customer experience. The way they provide customer service is the primary force behind deriving sales. In simple words, the type of experience that customers get when dealing with a business can decide the success or failure of that business. Today’s customers expect reliable, timely, transparent, and helpful support. If all their expectations are fulfilled, they are more likely to stay loyal to an organization.
So, how can a business enhance the customer experience? By automating the key aspects of customer services, businesses can greatly improve customer experience.
About automated customer care service
Automated customer care service, also known as call center automation or contact center automation, is a customer support system that depends on technology to accomplish various tasks without the help of human agents. The technology usually includes a combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and Natural Language Processing (NLP). Under call/contact center automation, either the entire process or some parts of the process can be automated.
Consumer preferences and expectations are the key driving forces behind the growing need to automate customer service processes. Automating a task does not mean an agent is put completely out of the job. In fact, automation is an essential tool that frees humans from performing repetitive and mundane tasks. This way businesses can utilize human talent in accomplishing important and complex issues.
Ways to automate repetitive aspects of customer care service
Below mentioned are some of the best solutions that businesses can consider to automate repetitive aspects of their customer service:
- Live chat: Engaging customers at the exact moment when they are considering a business’s services is the best way to connect with customers. Offering a live chat service when customers browse a website gives them a reason to engage with the business directly. In this live chat, the customer care representatives can ask some common questions in real-time. Organizations can automate this task by setting up an advanced FAQ wiki or a Chabot that is programmed to respond to various commonly asked questions. Nowadays, many advanced live chat solutions implement Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to answer customers’ commonly asked questions, thereby allowing the staff to concentrate on addressing other important inquiries or tasks.
- CRM integration: When it comes to delivering an outstanding customer experience, it starts and ends with the customer support team. Therefore, it is vital to equip the customer support team with all the necessary tools that enable them to excel in their field. The tools must be easy to use and highly efficient at the same time. Tools like Customer relationship management (CRM) software can automatically collect all the important data associated with the customers and analyze the information coming from customer interactions. By integrating the CRM software with a business phone system, customer service agents can easily get all the essential call statistics and recordings of their customers. All the collected information can be used to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Self-service information: Businesses must create advanced resources for customers to answer their questions. By doing this, businesses can empower their customer support team to deal with commonly asked queries in a quick and efficient manner. There are several ways to create self-service information for the customers. It can be created in the form of blogs or articles, FAQs and guides, etc. Customers can refer to these self-service information sources to get the right answers to their queries without the need to connect with a customer care executive.
- After office hour service: For customers, calling into a business and not getting any response is one of the most annoying and frustrating things. Businesses must make sure to implement the right measures or tools to respond to customers’ queries even after office hours. To achieve this, businesses can use a call routing method. It is vital to route calls carefully to avoid missing any incoming calls after office hours. Call routing can be pre-programmed based on the day and time of an incoming call. For instance, if a customer care agent is on a break or not able to take an incoming call, the system will automatically route the call to some other available agent. Creating these kinds of contextual call routes will help businesses not miss any calls unnecessarily while offering work-life balance to their employees.
- Queue alerts: When a customer calls into a business and all lines are busy, he/she must get a queue message. A queue message or notice is simply an audio alert that informs customers about their position in the call queue and the expected time they may have to wait to get connected to an available agent. Businesses can even create customized queue alerts to provide an automated and more personalized experience to their callers.
In the current digital era, customers expect immediate resolution of their issues and queries. They also want the experience to be very specific and personalized. Automation can be the right solution to meet customers’ expectations. When done carefully, customer service automation results in creating an outstanding experience for customers as well as agents.