One of the best and surefire ways to retain customers and grow your business is offering excellent customer support. How? Well, today’s customers prefer companies that provide the products and services that customers want and provide a satisfactory experience to the customers before and after they buy or use the products or services. Also, there is a huge amount of competition prevailing in the market. If a business fails to provide superior customer support, it may lose its valuable customers and the chances to attract more potential customers.
What do you understand about customer services or support?
In simple words, customer services provide full support that a business offers to its customers to enhance their experience with the business. When customers buy a product or use a particular business service, they expect good customer service even after making the purchase. Besides the traditional phone support system, today’s customers want more convenient ways to reach the customer support team for any kind of assistance related to their products or services. They want to connect with the support team via their communication channels like phone, SMS, email, social media, etc. Several companies also provide self-service options to the customers to find the solution to their queries without wasting any time.
In all, customer support or service is way more than just providing answers to the customer’s queries. It’s all about how businesses perform in the market, handle their customers, and make them feel valued. After all, every business runs with the intent to attract a huge base of customers to grow quickly and efficiently in today’s competitive era. However, without offering proper customer support, businesses can’t achieve the desired success.
Types of 24/7 support
Businesses must remain available all the time to provide customer support to their customers. Being available 24/7 usually means offering customers live help any time (as and when required). Below mentioned are some of the key ways to provide 24/7 support, have a look:
- Phone System: A phone system is one of the widely used ways by businesses to provide 24/7 customer service. Based on various criteria like agent’s skill, type of query, location, and others, the inbound calls are distributed to agents available in the support team.
- Live Chat Option: Many businesses nowadays prefer offering their support service via live chat. This facilitates customers to ask anything related to a business’s products or services at any time using the website or social media chat option (as per their choice).
- Self-Service Option: Another best and most effective way to deliver 24/7 support is the self-service option. Many businesses have IVR (Interactive Voice Response) systems that allow customers to press various options available in the service menu to get the right answer to their query without connecting with an agent. Apart from this, other self-service options are also available, like FAQs, video tutorials, knowledge-based articles, and more that customers can use to answer their queries without the need for live interaction.
- Automated Support Options: Many businesses provide automated support options like the one mentioned above in the IVR system’s self-service option. Another such automated support option can be chatbots.
Businesses can use all these support service options to provide the best possible customer experience without making much effort.
Why provide 24/7 support?
Many businesses find it difficult to provide 24/7 customer support. However, several reasons suggest that offering 24/7 is essential to perform well in the marketplace. Some of the key reasons to provide 24/7 support include:
- To meet the growing expectations of today’s customers: As per research by CMO Council, more than 70% of customers feel that response time plays the most important role in making a great customer experience. 9 out of 10 customers prefer switching to a competitor after experiencing poor customer service.
- To reduce the work pressure on the support team: With 24/7 support services, agents can focus more on providing superior customer service without worrying about tackling numerous customer issues within a limited time. Also, by handling the issues as they come up, the support team becomes more efficient in identifying the right solutions before they escalate.
- To retain more customers while increasing revenue: 24/7 customer services provide the opportunity to attract more leads and improve sales. 24/7 service availability helps in retaining existing customers and attracting new ones. This ultimately helps to enhance revenue generation for the businesses.
Tools to deliver 24/7 customer support
Nowadays, many companies are looking for the best tools that can help them to deliver cost-efficient customer service. Here are some of the key tools that are highly effective in achieving the 24/7 support service goals:
- Call/Contact Centers System: Today, call/contact centers are considered the most effective ways or tools to deliver 24/7 customer service. They come with many features like automatic call distribution (ACD), Interactive voice response (IVR), Analytics and reporting, and more that help in delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Live Chat: Different agents can be assigned to provide live chat support to answer the customer’s queries.
- Social Media: Many customers these days use social media platforms to connect with businesses. Therefore, businesses must implement an ideal 24/7 support service strategy for social media platforms to connect with their existing and potential customers.
- Chatbots: Automated chatbots can be used to deliver 24/7 support to answer simple and common queries.
- Self-Service Support: Based on a report by Microsoft, more than 80% of customers expect businesses to provide self-service options. It helps customers find answers to their queries easily and quickly and reduces a lot of pressure on the agents.
- CRM: CRM can help the support team in providing an excellent 24/7 customer support experience. It collects customer data, including past conversations. The support team can use this data to provide a quick and personalized support service to the customers.
- Email-Ticketing: It is one of the most common and effective ways to interact with customers and deliver 24/7 service.
Offering exceptional customer service is essential to enhance customer experience. 24/7 availability of a support team can help businesses to provide a better experience. Therefore, investing in tools that help offer highly effective 24/7 customer services is undoubtedly the best decision businesses can make to survive in today’s tough competition prevailing in the market.