Are you facing difficulty in using the VoIP phone system? If yes, then the blog’s information might help you overcome various VoIP problems while using the VoIP phone system. Let’s first discuss the VoIP system. With the growing usage of broadband, VoIP has emerged as the best choice for phone service for businesses and consumers. Businesses that rely on voice or video communications must leverage the benefits of VoIP technology.
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol system is an advanced technology that allows users to place calls over the internet connection. With the help of VoIP solutions, businesses can save a huge up to 75% of communication-related costs. This is because the VoIP phone system assures scalability, flexibility, and mobility to help users connect and communicate efficiently from anywhere, anytime.
Advantages of VoIP Phone Systems over Traditional Phone Systems
There are numerous benefits of VoIP over traditional phone systems. Irrespective of the size of the business, every business can significantly benefit by implementing this advanced communications technology. Below-mentioned is some of the key benefits of VoIP phone systems over traditional phone systems, have a look:
- Cost-effective solution: Cost savings is one of the key benefits of VoIP phone systems. Tradition phone systems require installing several phone lines that increase the costs. In traditional phone systems, communication data is modified into data packets and sent over the IP network, which eliminates the requirement of installing many phone lines. Besides, traditional phone service providers generally charge per minute of call time. Whereas VoIP phone service providers usually charge their customers every month.
- Enhanced accessibility: Improved accessibility is another key benefit of VoIP. It means that the users can make or receive calls from anywhere. They need to have a proper data connection. If the users are unable to answer the call, they can direct the calls to another person or get voicemail to their email address. Users can even take their business phone with them anywhere in the form of a softphone app.
- Support portability: A VoIP number is a virtual number that is completely portable. It means that the users can keep the same number wherever they go.
- Better scalability: VoIP system is one such system that allows better scalability. It means that businesses need not install additional hardware or dedicated line as they grow. The system can be scaled up or down easily as per the business requirements.
- Facilitates multitasking: VoIP phone system supports multitasking. Users can use it to make traditional phone calls and send videos, images, documents, and more while concurrently engaging in a conversation.
So, these are some of the key benefits of using the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system. Businesses that are already using this system or planning to use the one may face some of the challenges. Below are some of the common VoIP problems and ways to deal with them, have a look:
Jitter is one of the most common VoIP problems faced by users. It is a condition in which few of the communication packets are dropped or sent out of order. This results in a disorderly conversation. In simple words, when the information received by the recipient is out of order and difficult to understand, it causes jitter. Jitter can happen because millions of data packets travel simultaneously over the same IP network.
If your Internet connectivity does not have sufficient bandwidth to power all of the connected devices, the chances of jitter can increase to a great extent. Therefore, the best solution to overcome this VoIP problem is upgrading the current Internet connectivity. If the problem persists, you can consider switching to an Ethernet internet connection.
Phone echoing is another common VoIP problem. It causes voices to repeat at different intervals and volume levels during an ongoing call. Echoing issues disturbs the voice clarity and makes it difficult for the caller and recipient to follow the conversation.
One of the best solutions to overcome the echo issue is to take the phone off the speakerphone. When using a speaker or microphone, the voice is transmitted via multiple microphones and speakers throughout the conversation. Therefore, it is better to turn off the speaker or microphone during the call. Also, make sure to check your headsets and wires for any damage. A faulty internet connection can also be one of the key reasons for phone echoing. Therefore, it is advisable to check the Internet speed and current level of bandwidth.
Difficulty in Making Outbound Calls
Many times, users face the problem of making outbound calls via VoIP phone system. The key reason behind this issue can be the SIP ALG (Session Initiation Protocol Application Layer Gateway). If SIP ALG happens, it obstructs the routers to process and transfer packets. To fix this issue, users must turn off SIP ALG. If the problem continues, you can try moving your VoIP telephone system on a Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN.) It either shows failing to connect or displays an X on the screen/interface.
So, these are some of the common VoIP issues that one can deal with easily. With the solutions mentioned above, you will be able to save time, money, and resources and keep your VoIP phones updated. There is no doubt that VoIP phone systems are far better than traditional ones. You can know how to use it properly; you will be able to leverage its benefits fully.