The rising demand for work from home culture has created the need for a hybrid work environment in the business world. To survive in today’s digital world, businesses need to build viable connections between office, hybrid, and remote workforce. Here comes the role of UC or Unified Communications. UC presents a set of technologies that allow organizations, employees, and customers to communicate anytime, and anywhere. This allows users to work more efficiently while streamlining various processes. In this blog, you will get to know about the state of Unified Communications in 2022 and beyond.
Why is UC gaining popularity?
In today’s time, a large number of companies completely rely on the cloud for their communications needs or run a blend of UC as a Service (UCaaS) and on-premises UC. The key motivators for shifting to the cloud include the need for high security, improved support for the remote workforce, cost savings, and access to more advanced features in the cloud.
Unified Communications integrates all the communications ways such as video conferencing, a phone system, screen sharing, chat, file management, and others into a single hub. In short, it allows all types of communication activities. Team members can easily access the cloud-based Unified Communications platform with the help of an internet connection.
Common challenges in implementing a UC strategy
No doubt, UC helps to streamline various processes within the organization and allow better flexibility, however, there are a few challenges that organizations may face while implementing the UC strategies. Some of these challenges include:
- Finding the key reason and budget to move ahead with a fully integrated UC solution
- Ensuring their preferred system works well with existing on-premises technology or their hybrid environment
- Building an environment of employee adoption
Is investing in UC worth it in 2022?
Yes, investing in UC is worth it. UC solutions offer an array of benefits to their users. Some of the key benefits include:
- Cost savings: Implementing an advanced and well-equipped cloud-based UC solution can help businesses in saving a huge amount in various areas such as infrastructure, administration, and travel. They are usually less clumpy as compared to on-premises software. Besides, opting for an on-premises system often involves hefty upfront charges for installing physical hardware as compared to cloud-based UC platforms.
- Better flexibility and productivity: Whether it’s a cloud-based start-up or a large enterprise, the use of UC technologies can greatly boost your overall flexibility and productivity. With UC, employees are no longer tied to a certain workplace environment at a particular location. They can work from anywhere at any time which automatically boosts their flexibility and productivity. Besides, organizations can enjoy more significant amounts of productivity by implementing workplace productivity software designed to automate repetitive tasks, schedule emails, and make it easier to schedule meetings.
- Effective collaboration: UC allows organizations to make use of the right tools that allow employees to work more efficiently and collaboratively. This in turn creates a more positive culture, enhances sales, and improves overall customer service. Having such tools as well as a culture that supports remote working not only allows employees to work more collaboratively but also allows organizations to hire the best talent for their company no matter where they are located.
- Improved customer satisfaction: By integrating the CRM system with the UC system, organizations can get a better picture of their customers along with their needs and requirements. They can gather various important information about the customers and get it available to the customer support team via a single unified system. This way, a well-implemented UC plays an essential role in generating satisfied customers and ultimately enhanced customer experiences.
- Shorter delays: UC allows organizations to prevent various delays such as finding missing emails, disjoint files, missing graphics, and other time-consuming processes, thereby ensuring improved speed to market. Organizations can accomplish their goals in a timely and more efficient manner. Moreover, better communication and operations processes allow users to get their idea, product, and services to market more quickly. Ultimately the faster you respond to your customer’s demand, the stronger your foundation becomes.
All these benefits of unified communications can influence your business’s day-to-day activities, making them easier and more seamless. Besides, it allows your employees to easily interact with each other, customers, and partners. That’s perhaps the key reason why companies must consider switching to unified communications.
To sum up, today’s organizations require implementing the right tools and technologies to create a strong presence in this highly competitive marketplace. When it comes to communication, employees must have access to all the advanced systems that can make their work easier and more efficient so that they can deliver superior customer experiences. Since remote working has become a new normal, organizations must provide all the flexibility to their employees to allow them to exchange their ideas and collaborate well for better productivity. All these can be achieved with the help of unified communications. If we talk about the state of Unified Communications in 2022 and beyond, it will continue to gain more popularity and acceptance. The assorted benefits of UC are expected to positively impact how businesses work. Therefore, if you are planning to make a switch to a unified communications platform, you are probably making the right and smart investment.