Remote working has emerged as a new normal after the pandemic. Several organizations are now fully embracing remote working policy, allowing their employees to work from home. Some of the companies are considering remote working as their long-term business strategy. Let’s have a look at some of the key stats related to remote working model benefits.
Key stats related to the remote working policy
The remote working model has come up with several benefits for employees as well as organizations. Here are some of the key stats related to this work-model shift:
- More than 80% of employees have said that they are more productive while working from home.
- About 77% of employees reported that remote working has greatly reduced the operating costs of their companies.
- More than 75% of employees accepted that they want to work remotely to avoid any distractions.
- Around 27% of employers have stated that their company’s productivity has increased with the remote-working system.
- Looking at the flexibility of working and enhanced productivity, about 47% of company leaders are ready to allow their employees to work from home full time even after the pandemic.
- Among 669 CEOs, around 78% of them believe that remote working has to be considered a long-term business strategy.
Since remote working is gaining popularity, several organizations are planning to allow their employees to work remotely after the pandemic. It is important to adopt the latest communication systems that allow effective collaboration to run this policy successfully. It is vital to create a flawless and unified strategy for effective communication among employees and organizations. The best way to achieve this is by using Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS).
What do you understand about UCaaS?
UCaaS or Unified Communications-as-a-Service is a cloud-based unified communications model. It comprises various unique features such as video and audio conferencing, voice and telephony, real-time messaging, and presence. The cloud-based nature and the flexibility offered by UCaaS make it an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes.
One important thing to note about UCaaS is that the service provider hosts it. Therefore, the users need not establish their infrastructure to get started with this communication system. That’s how it helps organizations save huge on the expenses associated with setting up an advanced communication strategy. Additionally, UCaaS supports numerous communications functions such as:
- Unified messaging
- Individual meeting (audio/video/web conferencing)
- Voice and enterprise telephony
- Mobility and apps
- Instant messaging and presence (personal as well as team messaging)
- Communications-enabled business processes
- CPaaS (Communication Platforms as a Service) and APIs (Application Programming Interfaces)
Role of UCaaS infrastructure in remote working
In the absence of a unified experience, work and productivity both suffer. Employees working remotely may have to face issues like disorganized calling, meetings, and team messaging, leading to a lack of collaboration among employees. This can greatly affect the productivity and efficiency of an organization. However, the integration of UCaaS solution with an organization’s working system helps to provide:
- A single user interface for users to access all the key features across desktop and mobile devices.
- Access to integrated data from other applications
- Flawless integration with HR, ERP, CRM, and other enterprise applications
- Automated upgrades for using various new features
- Centralized management and control that allows management to make changes, manage data, supervise communications anywhere using one simple app available on any device
- In-built analytics to assist supervisors in getting a deeper insight into their organization’s communications from anywhere in the world, on any device.
All of this results in better productivity and efficiency. As per some reports, organizations that empower their employees with UC capabilities such as team messaging from within their contact center applications experience an exceptional improvement in customer satisfaction ratings (up to 56%), decrease in operational costs (up to 19.5%), and a reduction in monthly per-agent spending on licenses (up to 23%).
There is no doubt that for Remote Work, UCaaS has seen unparalleled growth in recent years. Its cost-effectiveness and use of convenience have empowered organizations of all sizes with a superior communication strategy. As per a report by Markets and Markets, the UCaaS marketplace is expected to reach at least $28.69 billion by 2021.
Over the years, cloud technologies have delivered numerous benefits to businesses of all sizes in different industries. Cloud technologies allow businesses to connect seamlessly with each other around the world. It also ensures better collaboration among employees and organizations. Moreover, cloud-based technologies can be customized to meet the specific requirements of businesses. UCaaS adapts the flexibility and scalability of cloud technologies and instills them into the communication system to facilitate efficient remote work. Choosing a professional UCaaS provider can help organizations get an efficient, fully-hosted solution for their communications requirements. This further helps them to keep up with the latest trends.