Customer service plays a crucial role in the success of today’s businesses. To improve customer service, businesses are adopting automation tools. By leveraging customer service automation, businesses are not only able to improve their support agent productivity but also enhance the customer satisfaction level. When customer service is automated, customers can get their issues resolved without having to interact with a live agent. Besides, with automation in place, businesses can:
- Avoid high call volumes
- Speed up customer service processes
- Minimize human errors
In this blog, you will get to know about customer service automation and the advantages that businesses can get by automating some or all aspects of their company’s customer service.
What do you understand about the automation of customer service?
Automation of customer service is the process of automatically executing customer service tasks. These tasks may range from routing calls to the right agent or department to sending follow-up emails to customers. By using a variety of AI (Artificial Intelligence) automation tools like text analysis, chatbots, and facial recognition, businesses can eliminate manual and time-consuming labor-intensive tasks.
In the absence of automation tools, it might become difficult or even impossible for customer service teams to manage their help desk, inboxes, and other sources containing a huge amount of data. Today’s customers can’t wait for long to get their issues resolved. They want quick and better service experiences. That’s the reason why automating heavy-duty tasks using the latest technologies is quickly becoming an indispensable thing for customer service teams. Technologies like Machine Learning (ML) and AI are widely used to automate assorted time-consuming and tedious tasks. Thereby, allowing businesses to offer the best customer experiences and save a lot of time and manual labor of customer service teams.
Automation of customer service advantages
Automating customer service processes comes with an array of benefits. Here are some of the key reasons why more and more businesses are automating their customer service.
- Reduced customer service costs: You will be amazed to know that automated customer service costs just a fraction of a live agent to engage with customers. Businesses using the latest technology like automation to improve their customer experience can save up to 40% on service costs. Besides, companies need not hire additional staff as they scale. When the basic services are covered with automation, the customer service agents can focus on resolving complex customer issues.
- Improved human interactions at key touchpoints: Businesses must be able to deliver a superior customer experience throughout the customer journey. Automation allows agents to anticipate customer requirements before they arise. Besides, since automation lets agents focus on more complex and challenging issues, customers can get their complex queries resolved with great empathy quickly and easily.
- Better efficiency and shorter response time: As mentioned in the above point, customer service agents can focus on more complicated problems with the help of automation tools. Automation helps customer service teams in achieving their goals with metrics like First Contact Resolution (FCR) or Average Handle Time (AHT). They can focus on better outcomes which further leads to improved efficiency. Moreover, automation allows customers to gain value with shorter response times. They can get their queries resolved in the first time itself which means happier and satisfied customers.
- Increased team collaboration: Automation tools help increase collaboration between customer service teams. Help desks that are equipped with automation tools can enhance workflows for resolving customer issues, which eliminates unnecessary steps. For instance, automation can flag a ticket automatically for review if it is unattended or doesn’t change after a week. This way it prevents a ticket from falling through the cracks.
- Provides 24/7 support: As compared to humans that can work only for a particular number of hours, automated customer service offers 24/7 customer support without any interruption. For instance, Chatbots are nowadays used widely by businesses to provide online assistance without human interaction.
- Allow establishing a uniform tone and voice: Automation allows customer service teams in offering uniform customer experiences. As per the brand requirements, companies can program chatbots or auto-attendants to use a particular tone and voice. Besides, the customer service department can set up on-hold music and messages in their business phone system to line up with their brand.
- Centralized information: With the help of a CRM platform, companies can centralize all their customer information such as contact information, self-service interactions, transaction history, and others. By integrating this CRM platform with automated customer service systems such as virtual phone systems, they can get a more holistic view of their customers. They can access real-time customer information ahead of incoming calls, emails, or web chats. With this information, the customer service team can deliver a superior customer experience.
- Reduced human errors: Automation is one of the best ways to augment customer service speed and reduce human errors. Live agents don’t have time to perform in-depth analysis in every call. However, with the help of automated service tools such as Call Pop presents all the key details about the customer before answering an incoming call.
- Provide support for customer feedback campaigns: Customer service automation tools are very helpful in collecting customer feedback throughout the customer journey. Businesses can get to know which customer channels result in more satisfied customers, views of customers about a particular product or service, and much more.
- Aligns well with the preferences of customers: While the phone is the most used customer service channel across all generations, today’s customers prefer using different channels to reach customer service representatives. With automation tools, companies can respond to customers’ queries with their choice of communication channels.
More and more businesses are realizing the importance of customer service automation in enhancing the overall customer experience. If you are still using traditional ways when offering customer service, you must adopt automation to empower your customer service team to provide the best possible customer experience. After all, automation is the need of the hour to stay in the competition and build a huge base of satisfied customers.